So Beau and I are trying to be more healthy and trim up a bit. So I am looking for some new recipes to try to help us in our lifestyle change. But I need recipes that don't require an oven. (My hotel didn't come with one) I do have a stove and I brought my crock pot. So if anyone has any great recipes, I would love some help. You can email them at babramwell@hotmail.com or just leave it in the comments. And then I can post them on my blog for everyone else to see too! Thanks!
2 comments:
I love this recipe because its easy and healthy. If you want, you can make it a little more unhealthy with the additions, but its good without them!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
6 T butter
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
4-6 Chicken Breasts,cooked & cubed
2 Cans Chicken Broth
2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
1 C. Salsa
1/2 C. Cilantro, chopped
1-3 T. Cumin
In a crockpot on high, saute butter and garlic. When melted add all the rest of the ingredients. Let cook on high for 3-4 hours, on low for 5-7 hours.
Things you can add...
1 can of corn
avocado
jack cheese
sour cream
tortilla chips
Hope you like it!
Rolene
Screw healthy you know this sounds better :) jk I wrote down Rol's reciept, thanks HotRoll :)
Indoor S'Mores
Ingredients:
•5 cups miniature marshmallows
•1/3 cup corn syrup
•6 tablespoons butter
•2 cups milk choc. chips, divided
•1 teaspoon vanilla
•6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
•1 cup miniature marshmallows
•1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Method:
In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows, corn syrup, butter, and 1 ½ cups of the chocolate chips, stirring constantly. Remove marshmallow mixture from heat and stir in vanilla. Stir cereal into saucepan and gently stir until coated. Stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows, 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, and the semisweet chips and press into a greased 9" x 13" pan. Cut into bars when cool. Makes 36 bars.
Post a Comment