Sunday, May 20, 2012

Introducing...

Dean Allen I am sure some of you have given up on ever seeing this post. But our laptop charger broke and we just got a new one, not to mention I have had my hands full with a new little one. We are so blessed and thankful that our newest little boy made it here safely. My due date was May 9th and on Thursday May 10 we went to the hospital to be induced. I was already dilated to a three but I wasn't really having contractions. So they got me started on pitocin and a couple hours later I asked for my epidural. Which didn't end up working so they had to do a second one. It would have been much nicer if the first one had worked but thankfully the second one did work. I was having very regular contractions at this point about every two minutes and continued to do so. A couple hours later the baby's heart rate began to slow and speed up again. The nurses began turning me from side to side to try to resolve the problem. Then his heart rate slowed again and wasn't coming back up. All of the sudden my room was filling with nurses. Before I knew it I was being wheeled into another room to have an emergency C-section. Three minutes later our little Dean was here and healthy at 3:28. He weighed 7 pounds even, 20.5 inches long. He has long arms and fingers and a little bit a dark hair. The doctor didn't know what caused his heart rate to slow but we are so happy to have been in the hospital when it happened. We are so thankful for the nurses and doctors quick actions. Enough blabbing, here are some pictures for you all to enjoy.
And here is Mac meeting him for the first time...
The next day he warmed up to him a bit more...
All packed up to leave the hospital, he looks so small in his carseat.
Mac, Dean and Brixley!
I would like to say a huge thank you to my sister who took take of care of Mac for the week and also my mom that came down and took care of all four of us! Also thanks to my mother in law and sister in law for being at the hospital with us. And we are so thankful to our heavenly father that has blessed us with another healthy little boy!

4 comments:

Dax and Jen said...

Congratulations! So glad everything went well and that everyone is doing good!

RileyDestry said...

Congrats! Your sweet boys are adorable.

Rolene and David said...

He is so cute! Congrats again!

Melissa B. said...

Dean and our little girl, Brynlee were exactly the same weight and height when they were born - how funny! I'm glad everything ended up working out alright with the c-section. That was probably a little scary!