Sunday, November 30, 2008

It is the right place.

Today when I was walking into church today I thought about this little incident that happened about a month ago.

Here is a little background info. Well after Beau and I got married we decided to attend the ward that our condo is in rather than attending one in Ogden and having to switch wards in a couple months. But then Beau started traveling for work, leaving me to go to church in a new ward alone. Well needless to say I would end up driving down to grandmas and spending the weekend with them or even skipping church all together. Because I hated so much driving to church and then sitting by myself in a family ward and not knowing anyone. Well just over a month ago they changed the ward boundaries and eliminated our ward. So I who had been attending church off and on went to church at our regular meeting time and place but didn't recognize a soul. And of course I had shown up late and so I couldn't ask anyone where I was. Well I sat through sacrament meeting and afterwards a sister sitting behind me introduced herself to me and I inroduced myself and told her, "I don't if I am in the right place" and with out skipping a beat she said, "yes, you are in the right place." And she continued to help me figure out what ward I should be in.

I have no idea who this sister was but she helped me that day and today even when I didn't want to go church alone. But I went. Thank you sister whoever!!

2 comments:

jana said...

I am glad that sister was there. I have found those kinds of people make a world of a difference in the whole experience of living somewhere else. When I went to Virginia it was so reassuring when few of those sisters just swept us up and let us know we were welcome and a part of our ward.

Hil said...

I agree! Now when you get more comfortable, you get to be that sister for someone else. :)